Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls

#8 of 294 trails in Snoqualmie National Forest

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls is a 6.06 mile out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail. From the falls you can continue to the top of Teneriffe.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Carl N (114)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Tough but worth it! I went up to the top of Teneriffe via Kamikaze Falls on a beautiful warm and sunny winter day. I took the old trail up to the top. Oo the way down decided to take the new trail and it was longer but considerably easier but you won't see Kamikaze take the old trail. Worth seeing both!

Jason Lange (392)

7 Completed6 Reviews

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this hike. It was jam packed at the parking lot which is understandable given that we had a sunny 64 degrees day in January and also because I got there at peak time (just after noon). The trail is an old railroad grade for about the first mile and then has a clearly marked turn off to the right. The next mile of the trail is also pretty nice. It's wide in a lot of spots but it definitely starts to climb steeper as soon as you get to the stream. The last mile of the trail is very rocky and has a lot of switchbacks. There are several places where you think you have gotten to the falls, but don't be fooled. You will know the real falls when you see them. I made it to the upper falls in just over an hour and then had to find a spot along that area to stop and eat lunch. To me, this was the biggest detractor of this hike. There are lots of great places to stop leading up to the falls, but it's standing room only at the falls and it get's crowded fast. I ended up scaling some boulders and eating on a ledge just to escape the madness. The other big detractor is the tiny parking lot with no facilities. Not sure how in the world a hike this popular doesn't have a larger parking lot and a toilet at the trailhead. Makes me wonder what my $30 for the Discover Pass is really being used for.

Ryan Latini (177)

33 Completed6 Reviews

No snow on the trail as of 1/11, and the falls are looking great. Pay attention to your map, the navigation directions here or on WTA's website, and ask other hikers if you're in doubt because there are a number of unmarked trails off the "right" path to the falls that you could end up on. This is a great alternative to Little Si if the lot is full (which it almost always is).

Adam Lund (32436)

481 Completed211 Reviews

No views today as we hiked up in the fog. The falls were beautiful and we got a little snow on the way down. Nice hike.

Brad Carpenter (77)

2 Completed2 Reviews

Good, intermediate hike. Doable with kids. The last ~mile is the hardest, but still intermediate level. You start on the forest service road, there is an obvious right off the road, and you follow that for awhile. Folks have marked on that trail where you turn off to head to the falls. That last mile is a trail that switch backs up to the falls. If its dry, you can easily do in tennis shoes. If its wet, likely can, but might want boots. As I said the falls were dry, and I was not sure if I could get up higher, which I tried to do, and then ended up on the Mt. Teneriffe trail, which was definitely difficult......see more feedback there.

peggy Stivers (79)

5 Completed3 Reviews

I'm sure this hike would of been really pretty at the end, however we took a goat trail... because someone had put a sign to turn right up the mountain, we should of stayed on the trail... we climbed about 1.5 miles up mountain very very rocky and never found the falls, it was a wrong turn for sure! Although before starting up the mountain it does seem a bit confusing the road forks we went right. I think that was the right way? who knows? :) better luck next time.

stuart brown (54)

7 Completed1 Reviews

Tuan Nguyen (1610)

35 Completed34 Reviews

easy hike to start out and got tougher when the rock terrain starts but well worth the trip. take care climbing around the falls as rocks are slippery but amazing finish.

Jeff Olsen (150)

17 Completed5 Reviews

Go past the mount Si trailhead until the road essentially dead ends- there is a school bus turnaround across from the small parking lot that is the trailhead. There's only room for about 7 cars so get there early. Follow the wide DNR road until you see the sign directing you to take a right to the falls (Thanks to whoever made that sign:)). The trail stays wide until you take a right at the post with a bunch of writing on it- the trail turns rocky and more technical from there; you will switch back between the rocks to the forest and the falls as you go up. There is a small steep trail that you can take to the top but the trail gets treacherous and there was lots of snow beyond the falls so I'll go back after the snow melts to summit Teneriffe. The falls are absolutely amazing!! I climbed as far up the rocks and roots to the base of the big waterfall and it was really cool. This trail is much less traveled then nearby SI so come here if you want a little less traffic on your hike;)

Bret Darby (86)

15 Completed2 Reviews

It was a pretty wet morning but the falls was worth the rain. The rain turned to snow about 500 ft below the falls making everything above the falls very tricky. We decided to turn around shortly after stopping at the falls but with proper equipment, reaching the summit shouldn't be an issue.

Support