Liberty Lake Loop

#1 of 1 trails in Liberty Lake Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Liberty Creek Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile loop trail located near Liberty Lake, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, camping, hiking, nature trips & walking and is accessible from April until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Chris S. (113)

Hit the trail at 7 am on cool Sunday morning, our first time on a Liberty Lake trail and was not sure what to expect.

Trail was very well marked for 90% of the route, a couple of side trails could lead to confusion but it would be hard to get lost especially while following the stream. It was cold early in the morning along the stream (21 degrees) but once blood was pumping and we reached the cedar grove, I was warmer than expected.

Leaving the Cedar Grove the switchbacks were easy to follow but not quite as well maintained. Between the waterfall and Hughes Cabin the trail was not quite as well marked, but still relatively easy to follow.

Speaking of the cabin, I was expecting an old historic log structure but found a basic lean-to metal sided storage shed. The first people we came across were at the cabin (about two hours from the parking lot). The trail back down to the parking lot has a constant down hill grade that started to wear on my knee (or maybe it was my puppy pulling), I almost would prefer switch backs! As we got closer and closer to the ranger station, we encountered more and more people but it never felt crowded. I am sure on a warm summer weekend, it is likely to be over populated!

Start to finish including a 15 min water/food break at the cabin, we were back at the car in 3.5 hours. Next time I would like to add the 5+/- miles up to Mica Peak or find another side trail to add at least another 2 or 3 hours to the route. Overall today's hike was pretty easy, a bit cold to start, scenic and worth the trip! We will be back!

Bri Miller (63)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Great wide trail for family and easy hiking along a beautiful flow of water. Trail gets more rigorous and better for moderate hikers around the 2.5 mile marker. We had two dogs with us and very great for them as well! Have a leash but don't be surprised to meet a nice dog or two without theirs.

Amy Britton (61)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great hike!

Stuart Forrister (361)

56 Completed4 Reviews

This was a great hike. We did it in April and about halfway through we ran into some decent snow. I would love to try it again in the summer.

Justin Guerreso (72)

2 Completed2 Reviews

This is my go to spot for "all mountain" biking in spokane. You start out with a steady uphill climb (strenuous no matter which route you choose), but quickly forget this portion of the ride with the fast paced downhill portion of the ride. This ride will bring you through every type of forest ranging from cedar groves to brushy overgrowth. Awesome gem!

Drew Blackwell (229)

6 Completed5 Reviews

This is one of my favorite trails to ride, but you gotta pay to play on this one for sure. Keep left at the split down at the bottom by the marsh area and you can ride along a beautiful rainforest-like creek area for almost 2 miles. The next almost 2 miles lead to the top of the loop and involve lots of hike-a-bike. Steep switchbacks eventually give way to short sections where you can ride again, but not for long. There is one fantastic view of liberty Lake on this portion about 1/3 of the way up. And the waterfall is amazing and delicious as long as you're not there after early July when it starts to slow down. The water is pure and untainted. I've been drinking it for 8 years now and never gotten even slightly sick from it. Once you get to the top, the payoff is presented, 4 1/2 miles of SMOOTH downhill with nice water bars to get killer air about every 100 feet! You could come up this way but it's about a mile longer and doesn't have the awesome features of the other side of the loop trail. Watch out for hikers and ENJOY!

James Standal (598)

8 Completed6 Reviews

A wonderful hike. The waterfall was not much of a waterfall, but it was worth seeing. The cedar grove is beautiful and it leads to a nice set of switchbacks up Sam Hill. The hike itself was wonderfully shaded, and wasn't too tough to complete.

Erin H (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was a beautiful hike. However, for a short day trip I probably would have stopped below the switch-backs (about 2.5 miles in). The water fall was a little underwhelming, but the hike itself was beautiful and shaded on the 95 degree day. And the bug spray was a lifesaver.

Bryce Hollenbeck (250)

12 Completed7 Reviews

Great trail we were going to go on a quick hike and had so much fun that we did the whole loop. Great views and a good workout if you can manage the vertical. I would suggest not parking in the equestrian parking lot as you have to hike back up to it when you finish.

Autumn Bunce (195)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Beautiful area. Best in the evenings in summer.

Support