Liberty Lake Loop

#1 of 1 trails in Liberty Lake Regional Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Liberty Creek Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile loop trail located near Liberty Lake, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for birding, camping, hiking, nature trips & walking and is accessible from April until October.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Sharon Bartlett (228)

8 Completed8 Reviews

Easy and beautiful! There was some ambiguity with the trail map beside the waterfall so I opted not to go further.

kelly young (417)

4 Completed2 Reviews

great

kelly young (417)

4 Completed2 Reviews

Great long hike listening to the sounds of running water most of the way. We went up the switch backs and down the opposite side-which was a long strenuous downhill without switchbacks. I think it would have been harder coming up that way. Very beautiful and relaxing hike. Saw a snake on the path.

Nick Harms (101)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Awesome place. Been on this trail a couple times on different routes and I love it

Tyler Osborn (123)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Dino Norris (189)

3 Completed2 Reviews

P Duke (11)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice hike, but pay attention to where you are. we had yet another search and rescue mission out there last week for 8 people who got misplaced. the maps of the area are not that great and do not have any kind of grid system on them so pretty useless for navigation.

Brandie Foster (70)

3 Completed2 Reviews

Amazing hike! It's a beautiful walk up to the switch backs, that's where the real work begins. The trail gets a little narrow from there on but fellow hikers are sparse. We went mid week after Memorial Day and it was absolutely perfect.

Chris S. (113)

Hit the trail at 7 am on cool Sunday morning, our first time on a Liberty Lake trail and was not sure what to expect.

Trail was very well marked for 90% of the route, a couple of side trails could lead to confusion but it would be hard to get lost especially while following the stream. It was cold early in the morning along the stream (21 degrees) but once blood was pumping and we reached the cedar grove, I was warmer than expected.

Leaving the Cedar Grove the switchbacks were easy to follow but not quite as well maintained. Between the waterfall and Hughes Cabin the trail was not quite as well marked, but still relatively easy to follow.

Speaking of the cabin, I was expecting an old historic log structure but found a basic lean-to metal sided storage shed. The first people we came across were at the cabin (about two hours from the parking lot). The trail back down to the parking lot has a constant down hill grade that started to wear on my knee (or maybe it was my puppy pulling), I almost would prefer switch backs! As we got closer and closer to the ranger station, we encountered more and more people but it never felt crowded. I am sure on a warm summer weekend, it is likely to be over populated!

Start to finish including a 15 min water/food break at the cabin, we were back at the car in 3.5 hours. Next time I would like to add the 5+/- miles up to Mica Peak or find another side trail to add at least another 2 or 3 hours to the route. Overall today's hike was pretty easy, a bit cold to start, scenic and worth the trip! We will be back!

Bri Miller (63)

4 Completed1 Reviews

Great wide trail for family and easy hiking along a beautiful flow of water. Trail gets more rigorous and better for moderate hikers around the 2.5 mile marker. We had two dogs with us and very great for them as well! Have a leash but don't be surprised to meet a nice dog or two without theirs.

Support