Manastash Ridge

Manastash Ridge is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Ellensburg, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

4.0 miles Out & Back 1710 feet
birding hiking trail running views wild flowers
Hide Map

Elizabeth Tulloch

1 Completed1 Reviews

the directions led us to the middle of a farm on a narrow rocky dirt road 37 minutes from the actual trailhead. very aggravating to have to drive backwards because of directions that are given. Will write a review when we actually get to the trail and hike it, an hour behind schedule. so annoying.

Morris Roman

4 Completed3 Reviews

I went looking for this trail as I was pretty sure that I hiked it as a kid (maybe 30years ago), the directions for the trail today have to be completely wrong!! The directions send you east of Ellensburg when I thought it was west of Eburg.

Lani Black

5 Completed1 Reviews

Jan. 3, 2014. It was a beautiful sunny clear day so I could see the entire valley. The wind was cold at the top even though it was in the low 40's. The trail has four hill climbs, the third being the steepest. Note to self, the trail would be muddy and slick ( especially coming down) if it were to thaw or after a rain. Go on a dry or frozen day. We passed many people with happy dogs. Water and hiking poles are really all that you need to take. There are several memorials at the top and a geocache or an ammo container with a tablet and pens to sign at the rock pile. An exhilarating hike! Will do it again.

Anthony Stringham

1 Completed1 Reviews

I've hike this trail several times now and still see new things . It is a very popular fitness trail for locals so expect to meet several. The Boyscout trail offers some wooded areas and switch backs and is less populated so I prefer it, but I still think of this as more of a training trail than a true nature hike. It is fairly steep at points and is perfect for breaking in those early spring legs.

Shelly Sansaver

1 Completed1 Reviews

The directions linked with this trailhead are incorrect. The trailhead is actually off Manastash Road (turn south onto Cove Road) and into the parking area. This hike is very popular with the Ellensburg community and rare is the day that you don't meet other hikers along the way. There are two ways up to the ridge, the more open and steep trail which crosses the irrigation canal, or the Boy Scout Trail which parallels the canal initially then heads up and into a more covered trail to the top.