Beacon Hill Trail

MODERATE
#1 of 1 trails in Minnehaha Park
Beacon Hill Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding hiking mountain biking nature trips walking views wild flowers
Hide Map

Christy Griesse

4 Completed4 Reviews

Best views at night of the skyline.

Phill and Celia Magnuson

8 Completed6 Reviews

As previously mentioned, this is definitely geared for mountain bikers. I encountered mostly bikers in the time I was out there. I found certain parts to be extremely steep, both up and down, based on the route it shows.

Clint s.

Great trail moderate difficulty significant shade. However close to town and noisy.

Max M

6 Completed6 Reviews

This place is definitely geared more towards bikers because the paths are paved with bike wheels. But hiking is great too! I found it a little boring compared to some other trails but it's still a decent one.

Gabriel Perez

2 Completed2 Reviews

Brian Topper

2 Completed2 Reviews

Shawn Couch

8 Completed8 Reviews

Lots of trails and entry points. Views were great . A few hardcore mt bikers. Even saw some turkeys on the way down. People were friendly.

Paige Carlson

3 Completed3 Reviews

James Acaba

4 Completed4 Reviews

Dave Nance

48 Completed43 Reviews

Lots of great views. Many trails and different routes keeps it new. Usually start on the west end and do the climbing first. The area is huge and it seems to never get old.

Sean Weiler

6 Completed6 Reviews

I highly enjoyed hiking these trails. It's different than other trails in the Spokane area because you pick a trail and go. Then sometime later you try and figure out which trail will lead you to your starting place. Great views from the beacon hill sight especially at night!

Nate Martin

5 Completed2 Reviews

Nice easy trail with lots of sun.

Michael Thompson

49 Completed36 Reviews

Not the best place for hiking. Some crowds and teenage kids, if you're looking for a good hike in Spokane, I wouldn't recommend this. Its a nice park to take your dog to though.

Brad Pitts

10 Completed1 Reviews

Best place ever for mtb huge terrain courses and down hill on the back side

Zion Schlund

16 Completed14 Reviews

There are tons of trails on Beacon! My favorite is starting at Esmerelda Golf course and riding to the beacons on top. We ride down the single track back to where we started. I ride this a lot with my husband who's a very experienced rider and with one of my girlfriends who's a new rider. We all enjoy ourselves up there so it's great for all skill levels!

Garick Wheaton

13 Completed1 Reviews

Beacon Hill has so many different trails to ride its best to take someone up with you who knows their way around. If you are into just riding trails or flying through the down hill section through the race course the hill is perfect for you. We usually start at Esmerelda golf course section and ride to the top. From top the view is awesome you can see just about all of Spokane and Spokane Valley. From there we head down to the Beacon Hill Bombers course. Its a pretty intense course we don't follow the whole thing but just some of the easier parts. The parks dept and avista own the land and a local mountain bike club works on the race course and terrain park. They do an awesome job and are working to expand the park. Check out their website fttrc.org