Minnehaha Park / Beacon Hill

#1 of 1 trails in Shields Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Minnehaha Park / Beacon Hill is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Spokane, Washington. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Dave Nance (571)

21 Completed21 Reviews

Lots of great views. Many trails and different routes keeps it new. Usually start on the west end and do the climbing first. The area is huge and it seems to never get old.

Sean Weiler (231)

5 Completed5 Reviews

I highly enjoyed hiking these trails. It's different than other trails in the Spokane area because you pick a trail and go. Then sometime later you try and figure out which trail will lead you to your starting place. Great views from the beacon hill sight especially at night!

Nate Martin (246)

5 Completed2 Reviews

Nice easy trail with lots of sun.

Michael Thompson (2634)

41 Completed34 Reviews

Not the best place for hiking. Some crowds and teenage kids, if you're looking for a good hike in Spokane, I wouldn't recommend this. Its a nice park to take your dog to though.

Brad Pitts (90)

8 Completed1 Reviews

Best place ever for mtb huge terrain courses and down hill on the back side

Zion Schlund (690)

16 Completed14 Reviews

There are tons of trails on Beacon! My favorite is starting at Esmerelda Golf course and riding to the beacons on top. We ride down the single track back to where we started. I ride this a lot with my husband who's a very experienced rider and with one of my girlfriends who's a new rider. We all enjoy ourselves up there so it's great for all skill levels!

Garick Wheaton (151)

13 Completed1 Reviews

Beacon Hill has so many different trails to ride its best to take someone up with you who knows their way around. If you are into just riding trails or flying through the down hill section through the race course the hill is perfect for you. We usually start at Esmerelda golf course section and ride to the top. From top the view is awesome you can see just about all of Spokane and Spokane Valley. From there we head down to the Beacon Hill Bombers course. Its a pretty intense course we don't follow the whole thing but just some of the easier parts. The parks dept and avista own the land and a local mountain bike club works on the race course and terrain park. They do an awesome job and are working to expand the park. Check out their website fttrc.org

Support