Oyster Dome Trail

#1 of 7 trails in Larrabee State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Oyster Dome Trail is a 6.5 mile out and back trail that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

John St. Marie (326)

9 Completed10 Reviews

GREAT hike.

It was fogged in but we were going for the workout. We started at 5 pm knowing we would descend in the dark. The scramble at the top is a workout and this was the first time I had to stop this year for a break but way worth it. This should not be rated any less than moderate just due to the scramble at the end.

My "Map My Run" app puts the trail at 6.25 miles round trip.

Lol I saw one of the reviewers of this trail at REI garage sale today.

Lenka Greben (109)

14 Completed1 Reviews

Amelia Lathrop (144)

2 Completed1 Reviews

This is one of the must see views of Bellingham and such a rewarding hike. I am never disappointed with the work it takes to get to the top of Oyster Dome, the views of the bay and islands are truly breathtaking. It is difficult, but so worth the time, and the trip down takes half the time as it takes to climb up. One of Bellingham's hiking gems.

jamie slesk (106)

3 Completed3 Reviews

Always a good challenge.

Brooke G. (160)

Really pretty hike, and not as busy as some of the other hikes I've been on in the area. There are a lot of switchbacks though and some incline, so I'd rate this hike closer to moderate. I also didn't see any cave, but there were a few different routes that you could take so maybe it was in a different area?

Karen Soltes (662)

9 Completed2 Reviews

Worth the effort to get to the view at the top

Amanda Munson (36)

1 Completed1 Reviews

Jennifer Pratt (250)

4 Completed2 Reviews

As another reviewer mentioned - I would also rate this trail as moderate. It's a good incline and switchbacks for most of the trail. Not a technical climb, but cardio workout! I would recommend packing water if you are headed out on a warm day. Trail is in good condition - very dry at the time of year we did it. Gets buggy past halfway point - recommend bug spray too. Beautiful views worth the trek!

Jessica Dobervich (914)

29 Completed15 Reviews

That last bit is a killer! Watch for mosquitoes!

The view is hard to beat. Love it.

Micah Tetreault` (109)

9 Completed3 Reviews

Great hike in the Bellingham area, close to town, and spectacular views of the Islands and Puget Sound. Done this hike multiple times while living in Bham, it is a must at least once.