Poo Poo Point Trail

#1 of 7 trails in Squak Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Jamie Gann (39)

1 Completed1 Reviews

I'd call this hike moderate to hard because of it's steep grade. Pretty much constantly uphill. It was very busy on the nice weekend day we went. There were people passing us pretty much every 10-15 minutes. There was hardly any parking so we had to park 1/2 mile away and walk.

Jess F (280)

1 Completed1 Reviews

This was my first hike but am of above-average fitness level. Agree with it being a moderate level workout. Had to stop to catch my breath a few times and lots of burning in the legs glutes! Nothing too crazy though. We reached the top as the sun was setting on a clear day and the view was just breathtaking. I would definitely recommend to seasoned beginners who are looking to do something more difficult than flat trails. Also, noticed that there was not one spec of trash while we were there. What a pleasant experience :).

Octopus V. (80)

The hike to the top is pretty average (lots of trees). The view at the top is nice. Overall the hike is alright, but nothing special.

Aaron B (273)

17 Completed17 Reviews

Pleasant hike with a rewarding view at the end and conveniently located near the Seattle area! It's a solid intermediate hike, trail is busy but well maintained, and there is even a restroom at the top. Note parking is very limited next to the trail heas, but you can easily park at the high school that is just down the road. You can drive to the top as it is a very popular place to go paragliding, which is fun to watch. Would definitely recommend

Mark Hooton (123)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Switchbacks with no pretty view. Washington has much more to offer.

Levi Knoke (126)

6 Completed1 Reviews

JT Royster (723)

26 Completed26 Reviews

Took us a bit to find a good parking spot but this was a fun hike! It was really cool watching all of the parachuters take off at the top of the mountain. Down town Issiquah is great. We hit up the Issaqua Brewhouse (Owned by Rogue) after for some good food and drinks!

Jian A. (270)

Great workout. It is steep. The view on the top is worth the hike, when up there you can relax and watch people paragliding. Great during sunny days.

just becauseican (665)

24 Completed18 Reviews

Awesome workout rewarded with a fantastic view! No gliders were there when I went, but I did watch a lone eagle circle the skyline for a bit. There were a surprising number of other people there for a Monday, so not exactly a place for solitude and reflection There is a very small amount of parking space at the trailhead; otherwise I suppose you would park at the high school(?). Looking forward to going back!

Ryan Bilco (149)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful view, but this trail kicked my butt! Chirico Trail is shorter and steeper, but also a lot easier.

Support