Poo Poo Point Trail

#1 of 7 trails in Squak Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Aaron B (273)

17 Completed17 Reviews

Pleasant hike with a rewarding view at the end and conveniently located near the Seattle area! It's a solid intermediate hike, trail is busy but well maintained, and there is even a restroom at the top. Note parking is very limited next to the trail heas, but you can easily park at the high school that is just down the road. You can drive to the top as it is a very popular place to go paragliding, which is fun to watch. Would definitely recommend

Mark Hooton (122)

6 Completed4 Reviews

Switchbacks with no pretty view. Washington has much more to offer.

Levi Knoke (126)

6 Completed1 Reviews

JT Royster (406)

15 Completed15 Reviews

Took us a bit to find a good parking spot but this was a fun hike! It was really cool watching all of the parachuters take off at the top of the mountain. Down town Issiquah is great. We hit up the Issaqua Brewhouse (Owned by Rogue) after for some good food and drinks!

Jian A. (190)

Great workout. It is steep. The view on the top is worth the hike, when up there you can relax and watch people paragliding. Great during sunny days.

just becauseican (544)

19 Completed13 Reviews

Awesome workout rewarded with a fantastic view! No gliders were there when I went, but I did watch a lone eagle circle the skyline for a bit. There were a surprising number of other people there for a Monday, so not exactly a place for solitude and reflection There is a very small amount of parking space at the trailhead; otherwise I suppose you would park at the high school(?). Looking forward to going back!

Ryan Bilco (129)

4 Completed4 Reviews

Beautiful view, but this trail kicked my butt! Chirico Trail is shorter and steeper, but also a lot easier.

Matisse Oday (60)

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was beautiful and I would love to go again except for the fact that we heard a bear but did not see it but also heard from another hiker the bears were seen the day before. So if I would go again I would bring my dog and go in a big group of people. But other then that I would totally do it again.

Vanessa Lee (179)

17 Completed4 Reviews

a bit too long and not interesting enough. we're average fitness level but it took us about 4 hours - sore feet! The look out point was nice, but not amazing. You can reach there via car to poo poo point.

Marisa C (126)

7 Completed7 Reviews

Poo Poo is always one of my "Go to" hikes. A good work out with a great view and well kept trails!

Support