Poo Poo Point Trail

#1 of 7 trails in Squak Mountain State Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Poo Poo Point Trail is a 8 mile out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Take I-90 E to exit 17. Turn right onto Front St. (becomes Issaquah-Hobart Rd.). In 1.5 miles turn left onto 2nd Ave. Immediately on the right is a small gravel parking lot that is the trailhead.

5 Completed 1 Reviews

14 Completed 14 Reviews

Took us a bit to find a good parking spot but this was a fun hike! It was really cool watching all of the parachuters take off at the top of the mountain. Down town Issiquah is great. We hit up the Issaqua Brewhouse (Owned by Rogue) after for some good food and drinks!

Jian Adornado

7 Completed 5 Reviews

Great workout. It is steep. The view on the top is worth the hike, when up there you can relax and watch people paragliding. Great during sunny days.

15 Completed 10 Reviews

Awesome workout rewarded with a fantastic view! No gliders were there when I went, but I did watch a lone eagle circle the skyline for a bit. There were a surprising number of other people there for a Monday, so not exactly a place for solitude and reflection There is a very small amount of parking space at the trailhead; otherwise I suppose you would park at the high school(?). Looking forward to going back!

4 Completed 4 Reviews

Beautiful view, but this trail kicked my butt! Chirico Trail is shorter and steeper, but also a lot easier.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

It was beautiful and I would love to go again except for the fact that we heard a bear but did not see it but also heard from another hiker the bears were seen the day before. So if I would go again I would bring my dog and go in a big group of people. But other then that I would totally do it again.

10 Completed 2 Reviews

a bit too long and not interesting enough. we're average fitness level but it took us about 4 hours - sore feet! The look out point was nice, but not amazing. You can reach there via car to poo poo point.

7 Completed 7 Reviews

Poo Poo is always one of my "Go to" hikes. A good work out with a great view and well kept trails!

Jeff Conner

3 Completed 3 Reviews

What's really great about this is that you get an amazing view and may catch some hang gliders taking off, like we did. I saw all the way to Bellevue, Seattle, and Tacoma. I think you go up one mountain, down the back to hike up another to the final view. It wasn't the hardest, but it is not easy. The dog loved it but was worn out by the end.

6 Completed 6 Reviews