Rattlesnake Ledge

#1 of 1 trails in Rattlesnake Mountain Scenic Area

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Go early in the morning!

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 32. Head right off the exit onto 468th Ave and travel 3.5 miles to the obvious parking area on the right.

No permits needed, parking is free

Washington State Department of Natural Resources
South Puget Sound Region
Tel:360.825.1631

Cedar River Watershed Education Center
Tel:425.831.6780

Jian Adornado

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Fairly easy hike up with very little steepness. Once you've hit the Rattlesnake Ledge, the view magnificent!
Also, lot's of parking and available restroom facilities.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

My bf and I went on this hike fairly early on a Sunday morning. It was perfect-- just the time when the serious early morning hikers were making their way down, and before the masses began their ascents. We didn't bring the dog, but could have. It's very dog-friendly. The trail is fairly wide and well-maintained. It's a good hike for when you want a great view but don't have all day to spend on a hike, or if you're just going for your first one of the year. (Hello.) Bring a lunch up to the top and hang out with the chipmunks & the gorgeous view!

16 Completed 16 Reviews

If you are in the Seattle area and only looking to do one hike, this is my recommendation! It's a moderate hike that gives you a taste of the experience and offers great views as a reward.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Nice easy short hike. Perfect for after work or school.

2 Completed 2 Reviews

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Icon_185e21c96d688f7b85e2ecfce8289e80

2 Completed 1 Reviews

My boyfriend and I made our first mistake by going on a Saturday.. This place has very heavy traffic. The trail and park was filled with families, small and large groups, runners, dogs, elderly, teens, singles and couples. A lot of these people you could tell did not hike or go outdoors often..I saw a couple people in jeans and business shirts.

Most dogs were on leash and had good owners. This place is SUPER DOG FRIENDLY! The environment is perfect for dogs. It felt great to jump in the lake with my dog after a great hike. If you are not a dog person I DO NOT recommend you go on this hike.

The view is phenomenal and there are great places to eat lunch on top of the ridge. But PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES. I picked up so much garbage when I was up there..it was truly disturbing! To make matters worse these grown men were selling Popsicles at the top for $3 with out a trash bag for people to toss their wrappers. Kids were just throwing Popsicles sticks on the ground. We all came there to enjoy nature but some people just don't get it!

Pros:
-Great view
-Great Lake
-Very dog friendly
-Easy hike

Cons:
-too much traffic...
-littering
- rude people who don't understand pnw culture

I recommend going on this hike in the middle of the week...early morning or late afternoon. Also, if you bring lunch or food be sure to have a bag to carry your trash.

If you're looking for solitude... This isn't the hike for you!

Icon_

27 Completed 4 Reviews

Beautiful view, nice and quick. A bit crowded, best done as early as possible.

Roberta Simes

5 Completed 5 Reviews

Holy hamstrings and quads. It was very hard for me because I don't have "hiking" legs but overall gorgeous and a beautiful hike

6 Completed 5 Reviews