Rattlesnake Ledge

North Bend, WA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Rattlesnake Ledge Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Go early in the morning!

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 32. Head right off the exit onto 468th Ave and travel 3.5 miles to the obvious parking area on the right.

No permits needed, parking is free

Washington State Department of Natural Resources
South Puget Sound Region
Tel:360.825.1631

Cedar River Watershed Education Center
Tel:425.831.6780

1 Completed 1 Reviews

After a short hike to Snoqualmie Falls decided to cover Rattlesnake also as the weather had improved.

Reached the parking lot around 2:30. Not many people were there. The lake was overflowing. The trail is in good shape. The hike is gentle in the beginning but becomes steep around the first mile. The views were fabulous as you step out on the ledge from the trail. The mountains, the lakes and the valley were awesome. The weather was playing tricks. Could see rain, clouds and sunshine all at the same time. With so few people it was very peaceful.

Spend around 40 minutes at the ledge and did not venture further to the other ledges higher up. Was down in the parking lot by 5:45 and headed back.
More details and picture at http://sunilshikes.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/rattlesnake-ledge-03-29-2014/

7 Completed 7 Reviews

My wife and I went on a busy sunny Sunday morning and the trail was PACKED! I have done this hike before and it is easy. We got up in 35 minutes and jogged down in 20 minutes.
The trail is well maintained but very busy, the top lookout can be dangerous depending on how many people are up there.

10 Completed 10 Reviews

We started off the full 10.2 mile ridge hike by stopping by for the great views from the ledge.

The 10.2 mile end-to-end Ridge hike really is a great trip if you can avoid the crowds. We started at sunrise (only 5 cars in the parking lot). By the time we got back there was parking "spill out" of at least 30 cars outside the parking lot. This place may rival Disneyland for crowds. Yikes.

Take home message: get there early.

Even though I shouldn't be surprised, I didn't expect the snow that we encountered. Most of the South side of the ridge (and the primary ascent) had about 4-5 inches of packed snow starting at 2,300 feet. At the top and for about 1 mile the snow was more like 1.5 foot. There had been enough foot traffic before us that a snow trail was laid out for the entire length. The snow was with us until we dropped through 2,400 feet on the North side.

7 Completed 7 Reviews

Great quick day hike with amazing views. The rock landing at the top does not provide a ton of space and can get crowded (and dangerous).

15 Completed 14 Reviews

1 Completed 1 Reviews

I absolutely love this hike! it can easilly be completed in an hour to get to the first look out point which looks down on the lake. You can then continue another 2.5 miles and reach east peak. there are a number of view points after you pass the first main one. it is well worth it to take it the extra distance because there will be less people. I have done this hike in the snow and ice and also on blazing hot days. Never been disappointed!

Icon_

6 Completed 5 Reviews

Great hike. Very busy. Literally 100's of people. However, it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. This is a good hike for anyone. Views were great at the top and I'm looking forward to do it in the summer.

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Gorgeous view At the top! Loves this hike.

Icon_

1 Completed 1 Reviews

Today was a beautiful day to hike Rattlesnake. The air was crisp, the sky was clear and so blue. The view from the top went on forever. It was pretty crowded as we expected for a Saturday.

4 Completed 4 Reviews

I went there a couple months ago and it was a pretty easy hike. Took me and a friend about an hr and 10 mins because I wasn't feeling to well so we stopped quite a few times. I wish I could say the view was awesome, but I can't because it was so cold and foggy when we got to the top all we seen was the clouds and not to much it was raining. I do however wish to do it again next summer and how to the higher peak..overall a good hike.

Support