Salmon Creek Trail

EASY
#1 of 2 trails in Whipple Creek Park
Salmon Creek Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vancouver, WA that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

dogs on leash kid friendly birding canoeing hiking road biking trail running walking river
Hide Map

Hope Meinert

12 Completed12 Reviews

A decent urban walking path. It is popular with a lot of traffic. Relaxing even though close to the freeway.

DaLynn Oglesby

DaLynn Oglesby

2 Completed2 Reviews

Great walk /run. Perfect for training for my upcoming race.

Clint Gorbett

6 Completed6 Reviews

It's a great trail if you like walking your dogs on a leash and if you like paved trails. It's a relaxing hikes

Corrie Moe

5 Completed3 Reviews

gorgeous bike ride. Perfect for kids smooth ride and scenery was amazing

Corrie Moe

5 Completed3 Reviews

Lourdes Ruiz

1 Completed1 Reviews

Wonderful! I'm really enjoyed.and my dogs to.

LeRoy Morgan

I love this trail

Gregg Johnson

4 Completed5 Reviews

It was nice to get out after all the rain we have had, but it was too busy for my taste. I prefer a hike (although it was really more of a walk than a hike) with less noise and people. Some decent scenery .

Flo Shannon

2 Completed2 Reviews

It was nice to get out and exercise, it was very crowded and a lot of people with dogs! Scenic at the beginning. Good for walking on pavement

Gregg Johnson

4 Completed5 Reviews

Steffanie Rinehart

54 Completed1 Reviews

Nice to get away from all the noise so close to home!

Sarah Jean Wood

1 Completed1 Reviews

Beautiful relaxing place to run, hike, bike or walk. loved it .

Edee Lemonier

4 Completed2 Reviews

I love this trail for some good exercise, head clearing, and nature watching. Close to my house. You can park at the ball park if you don't want to pay to park at Kleinline Pond, which can be super packed during the summer, anyway. You can also park on 119th at the trailhead for Cougar Creek Trail (not to be confused with Cougar Creek trails at WSU-V!), which is more wooded and is a gravel path that goes 1/2 mile and connects about mid-way on Salmon Creek Trail.

Lea Williams

4 Completed4 Reviews

Easy walk, not so much a hike. Distance and scenery makes it worth it.

Eric Pederson

5 Completed4 Reviews

This is a great trail to bike, jog ,or just get some exercise. All paved great scenery. Nice walk along Salmon creek!

Susan Brown

4 Completed3 Reviews

Great easy paced walk! I won't say hike but it was fun and a fair amount of available distance. We did 1/2 in and back next time think we will park a car at each end as I would have loved to see the rest of it. The weather was great so it was a little busy. Bikes and people with dogs. I'm pretty sure I saw a sign referencing horses but we didn't see any. Nice options to walk dirt paths rather than paved which I prefer.

And to coin what other have said, park at the softball field to avoid the parking fee at Klineline pond. (Going west it's the next right after the pond entrance.)

David Farrell

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great paved trail, there are some alternate routes that allow you to leave the paved trails. Great services, all along the trail.

Ann Lapin

1 Completed1 Reviews

Loved it! Awesome trail:) fresh air and fresh streams, great view!

Trevor Gassaway

3 Completed2 Reviews

The trail itself is fairly good, but if you want to find the better views, there is some form of off-trail exploration required. Can get somewhat busy at times, but a better alternative if you don't want to be stuck in a gym.