Silver Falls Loop Trail

#1 of 146 trails in Mount Rainier National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Silver Falls Loop Trail is a 3 mile trail located near Ohanapecosh, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

From the Stevens Canyon Entrance, South on Highway 123 1.8 miles to the Ohanapecosh Campground. Trailhead is at the end of the first camping loop on your right

Mt. Rainier Entrance Fee

Tel: 360.569.6030

Person_placeholder

Dana Van Stee

4 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a nice trail and not too difficult. The entire family enjoyed it. From 6 year old to 60 somethings. We walked clockwise. The first half that direction is more challenging than the other half. If you're not up for minor climbs then go counterclockwise in and out the same way. What a beautiful area. Plenty of sun coverage.

72 Completed 51 Reviews

Me and my kids had an awesome time on this trail! Great trail!

12 Completed 5 Reviews

It's everything that I remembered, beautiful and not too difficult for kids. My daughter enjoyed the first part of the loop until we got to the waterfall and thought the other half was less exciting. If I take a teenager again I might start with the other way first... But overall awesome! Bring some lunch and relax on the rocks for a while since it is a short easy hike.

28 Completed 5 Reviews

Is this post about the Silver Falls trail in Washington or is it Silver Falls State Park in Silverton, OR? It seems like there are photos of both places.

96 Completed 56 Reviews

Please note:

Currently, sections of the trail are closed off due to icy conditions. For example, the popular stretch that goes behind South Falls is blocked off due to an inch-thick sheet of ice on the trail. If walking behind the falls is an important reason for you visiting Silver Falls State Park, I would suggest waiting until the spring when the runoff is still great but the trails are fully accessible.

15 Completed 5 Reviews

Fun time- falls are pretty awesome- we parked at South Falls but would recommend parking at North Falls- we felt those were prettier. Very crowded on weekends (no surprise) especially the south falls but definitely worth it.

Person_placeholder

5 Completed 3 Reviews

This is a great trail for people into photography. I did the entire loop for a total of 8.81 miles and think I remember seeing 3 people the entire time. Very calm and relaxing. The only thing I didnt like was the Rim Trail ran right next to the road and it really took away the peacefulness and sense of aloneness, if thats even a real word. Highly recommend it though.

Picture?width=50&height=50

1 Completed 1 Reviews

great hike and not too crowded for what the parking areas look like.

Icon_0c5b8cfdea1fce9c0ce2795f91e44b54

3 Completed 1 Reviews

If you start at North Falls (like we did), take the Canyon trail instead of the Rim trail on your way to South Falls; you'll see more and be next to the water. We did the whole 8.5 mile loop in about 3 hours.

Picture?width=50&height=50

3 Completed 1 Reviews

Great way to keep cool in the hot summer! Need to pay state park fee to park.

Support