Silver Falls Loop Trail

#1 of 146 trails in Mount Rainier National Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Silver Falls Loop Trail is a 3 mile trail located near Ohanapecosh, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Ross Lee (554)

15 Completed8 Reviews

aug 7th 2014 Ive taken this trail twice and its great. views of the thrashing river almost the entire time. rocks above the water are a good place to hang out and eat lunch. good for family and all ages.

Dana V. (65)

This is a nice trail and not too difficult. The entire family enjoyed it. From 6 year old to 60 somethings. We walked clockwise. The first half that direction is more challenging than the other half. If you're not up for minor climbs then go counterclockwise in and out the same way. What a beautiful area. Plenty of sun coverage.

Paul Emmons (5970)

83 Completed57 Reviews

Me and my kids had an awesome time on this trail! Great trail!

Melanie Willis (504)

12 Completed5 Reviews

It's everything that I remembered, beautiful and not too difficult for kids. My daughter enjoyed the first part of the loop until we got to the waterfall and thought the other half was less exciting. If I take a teenager again I might start with the other way first... But overall awesome! Bring some lunch and relax on the rocks for a while since it is a short easy hike.

Katy Ankrom (258)

28 Completed5 Reviews

Is this post about the Silver Falls trail in Washington or is it Silver Falls State Park in Silverton, OR? It seems like there are photos of both places.

AJ Ruiz (5474)

96 Completed56 Reviews

Please note: Currently, sections of the trail are closed off due to icy conditions. For example, the popular stretch that goes behind South Falls is blocked off due to an inch-thick sheet of ice on the trail. If walking behind the falls is an important reason for you visiting Silver Falls State Park, I would suggest waiting until the spring when the runoff is still great but the trails are fully accessible.

Jenni Sinclair (699)

15 Completed5 Reviews

Fun time- falls are pretty awesome- we parked at South Falls but would recommend parking at North Falls- we felt those were prettier. Very crowded on weekends (no surprise) especially the south falls but definitely worth it.

Chris Racanelli (92)

5 Completed3 Reviews

This is a great trail for people into photography. I did the entire loop for a total of 8.81 miles and think I remember seeing 3 people the entire time. Very calm and relaxing. The only thing I didnt like was the Rim Trail ran right next to the road and it really took away the peacefulness and sense of aloneness, if thats even a real word. Highly recommend it though.

Carolyn Richman (58)

1 Completed1 Reviews

great hike and not too crowded for what the parking areas look like.

Michael & Darla W. (66)

3 Completed1 Reviews

If you start at North Falls (like we did), take the Canyon trail instead of the Rim trail on your way to South Falls; you'll see more and be next to the water. We did the whole 8.5 mile loop in about 3 hours.

Support