Snoqualmie Falls Trail

#1 of 1 trails in Fisher Creek Park

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

*** The hiking trail reopened on September 14, 2013 *** Snoqualmie Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Snoqualmie, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible year-round.

Share your experience to help other people learn more about this trail:

Write ReviewUpload PhotosUpload Tracks

Lauren Stevens (163)

9 Completed3 Reviews

Short but beautiful hike down to the river view! Nature is so amazing! Lots of people but not too many where it's not enjoyable.

Mary Taunton (1029)

56 Completed7 Reviews

The Twin Peak lover in me has to love this area. I stop by anytime I'm near North Bend/Snoqualmie. The hike is easy and the view from the bottom is pretty enough to justify the trip down. If the area is under flood conditions the water is black and puts off a sulfur smell and fog, so just look up those conditions before going. Too packed to let your dog off-leash and short enough that you won't really need to.

Zack B (125)

5 Completed5 Reviews

Very cool views of the waterfall from the top and bottom. This is a very "easy" trail if you're accustomed to hiking long distances or across rocks and other difficult terrain. All of the views from the top of the falls are about 50 steps from where you park your vehicle. We went on a Thursday around lunch time and there were other people there but it wasn't "packed." There are great facilities on site such as bathrooms and a small cafe. Most of the walkways at the top of the falls are concrete and the one trail that leads down to the river view (lower falls) of the falls is mostly gravel. Wide trail, flat terrain and very easy walk. I wouldn't even consider this a hike but if you have small children or are new to hiking in general this is an amazing place to start!

For the younger, more in-shape generation: I would advise to walk down to the lower falls view and climb over the outlook area down to the river bed and walk up to the waters edge nearest the waterfall. You can get amazing views/pictures very close and feel the power of the water coming down. Be careful on the slippery rocks!

Alex Frogger (76)

1 Completed1 Reviews

So, is it possible to take a horse down the trail. We were planning on making a movie like that. Can anyone answer my question?

Jessi B (37)

1 Completed1 Reviews

If you're looking for a relaxing day alone in the wilderness, this isn't they place to go. It was pretty crowded-- even on a chilly day. That said, it's still an interesting afternoon trip. The excellent signage teaches plant identification, local history, and the ins-and-outs of hydroelectric power. You can see the whole park in about an hour. The trail is short and easy, though I saw some younger children struggle with the uphill climb.

Anat S. (90)

Darcy Batty (950)

18 Completed13 Reviews

Every time we go, it's very packed. Doesn't matter if we go on a weekend or during the week. Very beautiful and well maintained. The river access is my son's favorite. He can spend all day there running through the water and building sand castles with the soft wet sand. This trip is quite a drive for us but we love it and always hit up a restaurant named Small Fryes that's kinda near by. Delish!

Laurent Lathieyre (247)

3 Completed1 Reviews

Perfect for kids. I did it today with my 6 and 8 yrs old girls. Boardwalk views were great. Very well maintained. Family oriented.

A great trail for an easy start for people who are new to hiking.

Shamitha Sridharan (251)

7 Completed9 Reviews

Hiked this trail yesterday with my two kids (5 & 8). We started at the top and walked down to the river area (rocks and small beach) then over to the boardwalk for a view of the falls. There were numerous people who climbed through the boardwalk fence to get to the rocks below despite the warning signs. If the authorities are serious about keeping people off those rocks they should use chain link to close off the gaps in the fence. The path down is short but can be steep at times. I highly recommend good shoes and walking sticks or trekking poles for those with bad knees. There is also a lower parking lot for those who cannot do the 1 mile hike.

Shamitha Sridharan (251)