Twin Sisters Rock

Touchet, WA
Share review on:

Thanks! How would you describe the trail and its activities?

Join the largest community of outdoor enthusiasts.

Get Started

Upgrade to Pro

Unlimited access to National Geographic TOPO! & Trails Illustrated Maps

Learn More »

Twin Sisters Rock is a 1 mile out and back trail located near Touchet, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding & hiking and is accessible year-round.

Eastern Washington -- Tri-Cities
Walla Walla County Department of Public Works

Person_placeholder

1 Completed 1 Reviews

This is a great place to hike with scenic back grounds. Stay on the trail and note that this is a sacred monument for the Native Americans so be respectful and follow their requst to not climb at the monument. Also, do not wonder off the county land that the monument is located on over to the private proporty ranch located west of the monument. However, if you are looking for some short, easy sport climbing routes, head another 500 yards down the road on the same side. This land is open to the public to climb and is proporty of Whitman College. Highest route is 30 ft, 6-7 draw max, and everything is 5.10 and under. Close to Tri-cities and perfect for beginer climbers. Optimal winter and spring climbing and maybe late fall. Can be very windy and there are tons of rattlers.

Picture?width=50&height=50

3 Completed 1 Reviews

I tried accessing this trail, but there was caution tape across the road. I removed the caution tape because it looked like it was an individual and not an authority who put it there (it was attached to a removable link), and I drove up the public road toward the trailhead. As I created the first hill I saw a large 'no trespassing' sign and about the same time a little red car racing down the road toward me. I was confused because the road is listed on the map as though it's a public road, but not wanting to trespass I turned around and left. As I was waiting to turn onto the main road again the man in the red car pulled up behind me and took a picture of my car. he even followed me a little was down the road!

I would not recommend accessing this trail by the road that is suggested, but I don't know another access point.

Picture?width=50&height=50

40 Completed 32 Reviews

Really a neat, quick hike near Tri Cities, WA. I wish they'd add a couple more trails as its beautiful desert hiking with beautiful views of the Columbia River Gorge. This trail is right off of Highway 730, its pretty easy to see.

Support