Twin Sisters Rock

EASY
Touchet, WA
Twin Sisters Rock is a 1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Touchet, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round.

birding hiking cave river views wild flowers wildlife
Hide Map

Twin Sisters are two pillars of basalt that jut from the cliffs along Wallula Gap overlooking the Columbia River. Geologists say the rock formation is the result of erosion from a great flood near the end of the last Ice Age, about 12,000 to 15,000 years ago.

Reuben Hopper

2 Completed3 Reviews

really pretty drive there and great scenery. giving 5 starts to make up for the guy who have it 1 star because he went to the wrong place. I went there at first too and then went back and eventually found the spot.

Julie Mendoza

1 Completed1 Reviews

Loved it! Beautiful overview of the river definitely going again

Tom Craft

1 Completed1 Reviews

Nice early spring hike. Not kid friendly in spots.

Kristina Mendoza

Veronica Skelton

6 Completed6 Reviews

It was a nice, short hike. In summer would be pretty hot so take plenty of water. Lots of flowers and insects to see.

jamin trevino

1 Completed1 Reviews

This is a great place to hike with scenic back grounds. Stay on the trail and note that this is a sacred monument for the Native Americans so be respectful and follow their requst to not climb at the monument. Also, do not wonder off the county land that the monument is located on over to the private proporty ranch located west of the monument. However, if you are looking for some short, easy sport climbing routes, head another 500 yards down the road on the same side. This land is open to the public to climb and is proporty of Whitman College. Highest route is 30 ft, 6-7 draw max, and everything is 5.10 and under. Close to Tri-cities and perfect for beginer climbers. Optimal winter and spring climbing and maybe late fall. Can be very windy and there are tons of rattlers.

Jason Worf

3 Completed1 Reviews

I tried accessing this trail, but there was caution tape across the road. I removed the caution tape because it looked like it was an individual and not an authority who put it there (it was attached to a removable link), and I drove up the public road toward the trailhead. As I created the first hill I saw a large 'no trespassing' sign and about the same time a little red car racing down the road toward me. I was confused because the road is listed on the map as though it's a public road, but not wanting to trespass I turned around and left. As I was waiting to turn onto the main road again the man in the red car pulled up behind me and took a picture of my car. he even followed me a little was down the road!

I would not recommend accessing this trail by the road that is suggested, but I don't know another access point.

Michael Thompson

49 Completed36 Reviews

Really a neat, quick hike near Tri Cities, WA. I wish they'd add a couple more trails as its beautiful desert hiking with beautiful views of the Columbia River Gorge. This trail is right off of Highway 730, its pretty easy to see.