Coopers Rock State Forest

#1 of 1 trails in Coopers Rock State Forest
Coopers Rock boasts offers activities for fishers, hikers, hunters, campers, rock climbers, and picnickers. Several trails wind through forest valleys, through enormous boulders, and over ridges. A 6-acre pond that is regularly stocked with trout provides fishing in season.

Dog Friendly
birding camping fishing cave dogs leash forest
Hide Map

Coopers Rock State Forest is 13 miles east of Morgantown and 8 miles west of Bruceton Mills. Its 12,713 acres are bisected by Interstate 68.

Matthew H.

Stephanie Flanigan

4 Completed3 Reviews

Vance Henderson

1 Completed1 Reviews

David Rue

3 Completed4 Reviews

Ugghhh. I didn't have a lot of time so I just headed to the Raven Rock lookout. What a lousy trail. It was more like a dirt road where the dirt has eroded away so much as to leave a bunch of loose rocks. And I really didn't find the view at the end all that great. It's a vista view that is fairly mundane. When I arrived there was a parasailor waiting for a gust of wind to launch him into the great beyond. It never came. Besides, the power lines were kinda in the way.

The trails leading to the "road" that takes you to the lookout were quite nice. I suspect the rest of the hiking grounds are much better then the Raven trail, but I didn't hike those so my review is based on Raven Rock.

Kyler Grimes

2 Completed2 Reviews

Stephanie Flanigan

4 Completed3 Reviews

Ann C.

Great! Easy hike. Trails were well marked and the view at the end of Raven Rock was incredible.

Rachel H.

Amazing views and good trails!

Mandy S.

Beautiful trail. I highly recommend! I suggest the overlook last, it is like the cherry on top.

Allie Overholt

1 Completed1 Reviews

Great trails and beautiful scenery here!!